Sunday, May 15, 2022

Freedom to Peacefully Protest

Last fall the State of Maine cut down one of my favorite little trees trying to grow out of a rock outcropping. For years I watched that little tree struggle to survive and it's death during COVID-19 was so sad. In protest I just planted a replacement. I didn't torch a police precinct, smash windows or help burn down a city block but still I felt empowered by my personal protested!

During the 1st months of the lockdowns my wife and I had entire beaches, hikes, etc... to ourselves. We saw animal life like never before and it was amazing. To avoid arrest we carried signs that if questioned we would show government officials we were protesting government mandates. Protesting government overreach is our God give right as Americans. Getting outside in the fresh air and sun made so much sense to anyone with a shred of scientific background. Unfortunately, most government officials and the woke class didn't  recognize this as healthy and some still don't which boggles my mind  

Arresting surfers, mom's at football games, taking golfers into custody, dragging a dad out of a park for playing catch with his daughter, etc... This was all insane and we as a people just watched and put up our hands. What's wrong with us?

Never again. The government has proven over and over they are out of control, collectively void of common sense and incapable of admitting or learning from obvious mistakes. Even worse those in power seemed to revel in gaslighting those who question them.

I'm hopeful that we as a nation have learned our lesson and the tree of freedom is once again growing!

Update... The kids of the friend who helped me plant the tree have named it - Rebel Tree. They also put solar powered Christmas lights on it last year. REBEL TREE!